A Promise

"I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you" (from the Book of Genesis)

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stumped!

It took some time to sink in - the idea of bidding for cricketers and buying them! It's a hell lot of money, indeed; and a sleepy blogger is not the best person to comment on it. Just one teeny-weeny doubt crossed this naive mind. Isn't this a sophisticated and glamourised form of slave auction, of course sans the barbarism and modern-day stigma attached to slavery?

Browse through the following link: It is the journalistic narrative of an 1859 slave auction. You can see how similar this sounds to any of the reports that came in the national dailies on IPL auctions.

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/slaveauction.htm

This may not be the most opportune time for this rambling so let me do the next best thing - hit the sack!

Virtually Yours

3 comments:

Indian Orator said...

Hello, thanks for your comments on my Jodha Akbar review. I should also have gone for "Enchanted" instead, like you.

Keep visiting my blog.

Thanks.

NKS said...

Hi, thx for visiting and appreciation. I agree with your views on starting of slavery culture in cricket. keep blogging on hot topics... :)

Vijay Srinivas said...

Hi,

Thanks for you comments on my Jodhaa Akbar post. Good to see your blog. I can see that you a person of varied interests. Keep blogging.