A Promise

"I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you" (from the Book of Genesis)

Friday, February 22, 2008

some spill over moments...

Some people come to your life for a reason, some for a season and some for a lifetime. Mixing up these people and their 'categories' and expecting them to fit in elsewhere is never a great idea! Looking back, I’m amazed at the way in which I came across some people, got incredibly close to them and later just forgot about them! Perhaps, they had come for a reason and they had to be left behind once that reason for which they came got over.

There were some who brightened me up every day, gave me memories that would last a life time - snippets of conversations, moments of laughter, a tear before it could be hid, a word which was never spoken, a smile which bridged distances, and just faded away! I remember staring at those faded images for a long time till I could see them no more! They came for a season?

Then, there were some who I always took for granted, who always were there to catch me when I fall, who always gave a hand when I stumbled, who always listened when I rattled on, who always remembered even when I forgot, who always ‘did’ even when I ‘undid’, who always stood firm even when I was swaying, who always reached out even when I clammed up, … but I always used to walk ahead of them, hoping they would be there right beside be, or right behind me even when I took no notice of them. They are the ones who are here to stay for a life time, even when reasons and seasons change. And, very rarely you come across someone who walk into your life for a reason, brighten up every season and then stay on for a life time!

Every phase in life is beautiful, every relationship is precious and every person is unique. There’s a lot you learn through every reason and season and those lessons will last a life time. I feel, people and relationships make sense only within contexts and situations. And, I believe, every situation is God-send and every person is a blessing, some in disguise. Isn’t it awesome to be a part of God’s grand master plan? I hope I’ve been fair to the people whom God has sent to my life for a reason, for a season or for a life time.

I normally don’t wear my heart on my sleeves. Of the many people whom I have come across, or the many people who are still around me, very few may have seen me doing that. But, I think it is healthy to do so occasionally – to appreciate and acknowledge the beauty of life to yourself as well those around you – it reminds you that the world is not a bad place to be in, after all!

As the famous John Lennon song goes…

Life is just what happens to you
While you’re busy making other plans.

Virtually Yours

1 comment:

Indian Orator said...

VY, a brilliant post! I have read this kind of perceptive mediations on life only in literary novels. Will be keen to read more . . .