A Promise

"I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you" (from the Book of Genesis)

Monday, February 18, 2008

it's Monday again!

Do you feel you are the only one who gets those (in)famous Monday Blues? Here's some great news for you! You're just one among the millions and zillions! Does anyone remember that not-so-great Jethro Tull song?
I said they call it Stormy Monday
But I said Tuesday's just as bad.
I said they call it Stormy Monday
Tuesday is just as bad.
Wednesday's full of sorrow,
I said that Thursday's oh-so, it's oh-so-sad. It's oh-so-sad.
That's about blue and stormy Mondays - the only comfort is that Mondays are not more boring than the rest of the days - they are only just as boring as the rest of the days! The worst thing about Monday is that it comes right after the weekend and the best thing is that you have the whole week ahead to procrastinate.

"MBBS grads pursue MBA to rise quickly"! Surprised? Times says so and my hunch is it is true. (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/MBBS_grads_want_to_be_MBAs/articleshow/2792592.cms). In a few years' time India can be broadly divided into two - the ones with MBA and the ones without MBA.

By the way, saw a very interesting one-liner in someone's T-shirt today - Women are like elephants; everybody loves to look at them but no one can own one. My friend thought it was offensive. I try and respond to sexism in whatever little way I can; but I love elephants and I totally missed out on the offense here!

I'm waiting to watch Jodha Akbar - for Ashutosh Gowariker and his art. The Vaishyas are unhappy about the exclusion of their hero Hemu and their quarrels with history as well as Gowariker's adaptation are hitting the headlines, though in a minor way. I wish the academic stalwarts and historians would make use of this opportunity to initiate a healthy dialogue between the media and academia, between history text books and movies.

Yours Virtually

No comments: