A Promise

"I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you" (from the Book of Genesis)

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jaane tu . . .

I agree - the same old familiar love story, typically the next-door type! But I love familiar stories and they help me feel familiar with the life around me. There is a vast corpus of reviews floating around and I don't want to add to the junk ... so hold on, this is not just another review! Just loved that easy camaraderie!

I would have loved to have received a dramatic proposal at the airport - at least at the railway station. But am yet to meet someone who found their love right at the time of take-off! Anyways, am not much for realism in movies or in any form of art and I love the world of fantasy which I may never get access to.

Just the other day I had a really heavy discourse on romance and passion with a close friend of mine. Well, it had a tinge of academics (don't yawn, please) . . . At the end of it I realized that I find it embarrassing to admit that I'm a romantic (or am I?). At some level, do I still think that the romantic and the intellectual cannot go together? I really don't know!

Though no one has sung 'Jaane tu' to me at the airport (not yet, I mean) I still flutter at least for a moment, when the phone rings -- or when I'm waiting for it to ring! And, my heart still races when I wait for the flight to land or the train to arrive! And, the thoughts which bring a smile to my face have not yet faded either! So, do these signs tell you something??!!

--Virtually Yours



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't like Jaane Tu... surprised that mushy love stories still sell!!

Virtually Yours said...

Hey anonymous! Delighted to have a regular visitor to my blogspace!!