A Promise

"I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you" (from the Book of Genesis)

Friday, June 13, 2008

In anticipation...

The Summer Before the Dark - One of the earliest novels (1973) by Doris Lessing and some say her best. Just got hold of it and dying to read it. But I have a half-baked report which I can't leave mid-way! So, saving it for the train journey next week! Hope it will not disappoint me!

I don't know if am really enjoying my work - but am doing it diligently, at least to meet the deadline decently. Well, I do enjoy certain aspects of it... sometimes!! But am afraid if it is worth all the hardwork and toil. Sometimes I feel, I'd rather take a walk till the lakeside and click some pictures or check out some boring kids playing the same old games! Anyways, work gives you a sense of being useful, I tell myself - but I am yet to find out for whom!

If I were not here (staring at my report) I'd have been doing ... doing what?!! I believe, there's nothing like being at the wrong place at the wrong time. We all are here in the right place, at the right time, with the right people - after all, who am I to post arrogant questions regarding our space and time and existence?!!

--Virtually Yours

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lessing is a great choice - any day! I love the way you write, by the way!