A Promise

"I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you" (from the Book of Genesis)

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thank God! Wishes are not horses!

There are times when I wish life were a roller coaster ride but I’m definitely not prepared for the stomach-churning climax that waits at the end of the ride. When I see some friends, some acquaintances and some others leading eventful lives, how I wished I had the same guts, the same ‘I-couldn’t-care-less’ attitude! Yes, I know, the grass is always greener on the side and it can’t be helped!

Nevertheless, I am the one who would love to reach out for the unreachable but at the same time would like to hold on to what I have got with me now.

Now, that’s asking for too much out of life!

And, when this ‘I-want-more-and-more-out-of-life’ madness strikes the ever wandering human mind, God puts the owner of the mind in unfamiliar territories and withdraws all familiar sights, voices and touches for a while… till the day comes when you think of dusting and cleaning the crooked stones that lie in the bottom of your casket – all forgotten and neglected – only to find the diamonds and pearls that lie beneath the layers of mud…

Think twice before you let go of your crooked stones – it may not be easier to retrieve them.


2 comments:

Xorkes said...

Hmmm.. Thats a nice thought

Mayur said...

Nice post buddy!
It's a great lesson one should keep in mind throughout life!
Keep writing and keep visiting my blog!